Requirements for admission of foreigners and stateless persons to ZSMU in 2022
1) The admission of foreigners and stateless persons to ZSMU is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Higher Education", "On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", "On Foreigners of Ukrainian Origin", "On Refugees and Persons in Need of Additional or Temporary Protection"; with the Presidential decree "On Measures for the Development of Economic Cooperation of the Oblasts of Ukraine with the Adjacent Regions of the Republic of Belarus and the Administrative-Territorial Units of the Republic of Moldova" No. 271 dated June 3, 1994; with the Order of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "Conditions for Obtaining Higher Education by Certain Categories of Persons" No. 729 dated September 12, 2018; with the Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine "Some issues of organization of recruitment and studying (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons" No. 1541 dated November 1, 2013 and registered by Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 25, 2013, No. 2004/24536; with the Order of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine "On the Procedure for Establishment of Quotas for Obtaining Higher Education by Foreigners and Stateless Persons within the Limits of the State Order According to the International Agreements of Ukraine" No. 1498 dated December 2, 2019 and registered by Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on February 10, 2020, No. 153/34436.
2) Foreigners and stateless persons (henceforth — foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of natural and/or legal persons, unless otherwise is provided by international agreements of Ukraine ratified by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between Higher Education Institutions on International Academic Mobility.
Admission of foreigners to Zaporizhzhia State Medical University for studying at the expense of the state budget is carried out within quotas for foreigners (except for foreigners and stateless persons, including foreigners of Ukrainian origin permanently residing in Ukraine, persons recognized as refugees and persons in need of additional protection).
Admission of foreigners and stateless persons is carried out in accordance with the accredited educational programs.
|No.||Academic Degree||Courses Offered||Educational Program / Accreditation Information||Form of Study||Year of Study||Course of Training||Basis of Admission||Type of Offer / Number of Places Available|
|1||Master's degree||Medicine (for foreigners)||Medicine / accredited||Full-time education: Ukrainian medium of instruction||1||
|Complete secondary education||non-budget / 50|
|2||Master's degree||Medicine (for foreigners)||Medicine / accredited||Full-time education (first admission): English medium of instruction||1||
|complete secondary education||non-budget / 300|
|3||Master's degree||Medicine (for foreigners)||Medicine / accredited||Full-time education (second admission): English medium of instruction||1||
|complete second education||non-budget / 250|
|4||Master's degree||Dentistry (for foreigners)||Dentistry / accredited||Full-time education: Ukrainian medium of instruction||1||
|complete secondary education||non-budget / 38|
|5||Master's degree||Pharmacy (for foreigners)||Pharmacy / accredited||Full-time education: Ukrainian medium of instruction||1||
|complete secondary education||non-budget / 80|
|6||Master's degree||Pharmacy (for foreigners)||Pharmacy / accredited||Full-time education: English medium of instruction||1||
|complete secondary education||non-budget / 40|
|7||Master's degree||Pharmacy (for foreigners)||Pharmacy / accredited||Extramural education||1||
|complete secondary education||non-budget / 80|
3) Enrollment of foreign students for studying at the expense of natural and/or legal persons is carried out by Zaporizhzhia State Medical University:
|Admission||Documents Submission Beginning||Documents Submission Deadline||Enrollment|
|First||January 3, 2022||February 28, 2022||No later than March 1, 2022|
|Second||July 14, 2022||October 31, 2022||No later than November 1, 2022|
Entrance examinations are conducted as applications and documents from entrants are received according to the appropriate schedule;
In order to enter Ukraine during this period, the basis for entry visa application for educational purposes is the original of the invitation and visa support provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine upon request of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
For admission to study at the ZSMU, foreign citizens submit the following documents:
The documents specified in subparagraphs 2-5 of this paragraph must have notarial certification of the document's translation.
The documents specified in subparagraphs 2-4 of this paragraph must be certified in accordance with the legislation of the country of their issuance and legalized in accordance with the established procedure, unless otherwise is provided by Ukrainian international agreements.
The education documents of enrolled foreigners, issued by educational institutions of other countries, are being recognized in Ukraine in accordance with the legislation.
ZSMU calculates marks/grades of an enrollee on the basis of the document on prior education and sets the minimum number of marks/grades for general subjects which are admission examination disciplines — no lower than 6 points on a 12 point scale (in accordance with the Methodology for calculating the average grade of the document on the prior education, approved by the Academic Council (Minutes No. 10 dated May 30, 2016)).
Enrollment of foreigners for an appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations on specified subjects and on the language defined as a medium of instructions for the chosen specialty; on academic rights for continuation of education, provided by the document on the acquired level of education in the country of its origin; on taking into account the academic achievements that give the right to continue education on the next level in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the acquired degree (level) of education.
Foreigners who apply to the International (preparatory) Faculty No. 1 of the ZSMU are enrolled without entrance examinations.
Foreigners who apply to the International Faculty No. 2 participate in the competition on the results of admission (oral) tests on subjects:
Assessment of answers is carried out according to a scale from 100 to 200 points based on the criteria of evaluation. The competition score is calculated as the sum of points for both competitive subjects.
After completing the preparatory faculty, foreign citizens are enrolled in the University for first year of studying on the results of entrance examinations on the subjects specified in the paragraph.
In case of enrolling foreign citizens from other Institutions of Higher Education or when they resume their studies, they take entrance examinations on subjects in accordance with the specialty and course.
Foreign citizens can submit no more than three applications to compete for offered courses. The results of the admission examination for a certain offered course can be credited for participation in the competitive selection for another course in the ZSMU.
4) All categories of foreigners, who enter for studying, enroll to ZSMU on the basis of enrollment orders. Certificate generated in USEDE database may be considered as confirmation of enrollment of a student.
5) Admission requirements for foreign enrollees who come to Ukraine for studying purposes, deadlines for submission of applications and documents, the process of taking entrance examinations and enrollment are mentioned in the Rules of Admission and are published on the website of ZSMU.
6) Foreigners who receive state scholarships under international agreements, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine are admitted to study at the University within the established quotas for foreigners on the basis of distributions performed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
7) Foreigners who come to Ukraine to participate in academic mobility or higher education programs, agreed upon between Ukrainian and foreign Higher Education Institutions, are enrolled taking into account the corresponding contractual obligations of the corresponding Institutions of Higher Education.
8) Foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, persons who have been granted refugee status and those who need additional protection have a right for obtaining higher education along with citizens of Ukraine, including state or local budget-funded studying, with the exceptions established by Constitution of Ukraine, the Laws of Ukraine or international agreements, the mandatory status of which is confirmed by Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreigners of Ukrainian Origin, whose status is certified as a foreign Ukrainian (except those persons who permanently reside in Ukraine), may be enrolled for budget-funded studying within the established quotas for foreigners, having passed the procedure of interviewing on subjects established by the Rules of Admission.